Monday 25 June 2012

Reversing from Recovery?

To The Right Honourable Theresa May MP

Dear Theresa,

It has been a while since I last wrote to you. This is because I have always found you to be pleasant, generous and humane but the Policies that your government are following are, to me, mutually exclusive of these characteristics I recognise in you. I therefore chose to believe that you were being forced into going along with these policies!

However, I would like to bring to your attention a report produced by the same team that gave you the "Spartacus Report". The "Spartacus Report" did not receive the critical acclaim it deserved on launch but I suspect that the passage of time will be kinder to it than it will be to the ConDems.

I think you will find the attached report is more relevant to the UK's economic prospects and taxation position than the comedian Jimmy Carr. On that subject, do you have a personal view as to why Mr Cameron did not comment on Gary Barlow's alleged tax evading affairs.Mr Cameron justified his comments on Jimmy Carr because his situation was already in the public domain. Surely Gary Barlow's is now in a similar position and I would be pleased to hear an explanation as to why he, and countless thousands of bankers, are not fair game. They can't all vote for and fund the Tory Party.

The attached report "Reversing from Recovery - The Hidden Costs of Welfare Reform" highlights a potential lack of joined-up thinking in the ConDem Cabinet and may support the view of Dennis Skinner MP that George Osborne MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer, has indeed been "educated beyond his intelligence".

I would be grateful if you could critically review this report and let me know if you support or reject its findings?


Thank you in advance for taking the time to consider this letter,

Your Constituent,

Ian M Jones

Reversing from Recovery?

No comments:

Post a Comment