Thursday 19 January 2012

My Response to TRH T. May MP

Dear The Right Honourable Theresa,

Thank you for your response to my e-mail of the 13th January. I am disappointed that you have seen fit to send to me what looks to be a "Template" letter which relies very much on statistics shown to be unsafe by the "Spartacus Report". Included in my e-mail to you were items of a personal nature which you have chosen not to comment upon. I assume this is a mistake on your part and look forward to receiving a fuller response in due course.

In respect of the PM's "off the cuff" remark, I took offence and the disabled community took offence. Surely, that should be the test, not whether the PM intended to cause offence. At the very least, by uttering that put down to the Shadow Chancellor he has demonstrated he is unfit to lead this country? Can you explain to me why you do not agree?

Finally, you "assure me that the Government continues to work closely with disabled people and disability organisations...." on PIP. Evidence from "The Spartacus Report" and positions made clear since its publication has made it clear that the disabled community does not accept you are listening to it. Surely it would be desirable to be able to say that the Majority of Stakeholders affected by the Introduction of PIP support this change?

I look forward to meeting with you in the very near future to discuss this and await confirmation of the date of our meeting from your secretary.

With kind regards,

Ian M Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment